Bled with its surroundings and natural beauties is one of the most beautiful alpine resorts, renowned for its mild, healing climate and thermal lake water. The beauty of the mountains reflected in the lake, sun, peace and the fresh air arouse pleasant feelings in visitors throughout the season and provide ideal conditions for a relaxing break or an active holiday.
Some basic facts about Bled:
- Bled has a mild, healthy sub-Alpine climate with the longest swimming season of any Alpine resort.
- The ridges of the Julian Alps and the Karavanke protect it from cold northern winds
- The average monthly temperature in July is 18.7 °C, in January -1,2 °C
- Altitude location is 501m, the height of the castle hill 604m, height of the hill Straža 646m.
- Altitude Lake 475m, length of 2.120 m, width of 1.380 m, 144h, the maximum depth of 30.6 m, the highest annual water temperature is 26 °C.
- Population of Bled is 5.476.
Activities in the area of Hotela Zaka
Behind the hotel there are 4 tennis courts available for guests as well as for local players.
You can reserve the court at the front desk or by phone 040 147 757. The price is: 6 € / hour.
Rowing Centre Bled
Hotel Zaka lies at the heart of Bled right next to the Rowing Centre where some of the most famous Slovenian rowers come from. Just to name a few, Iztok Čop, Luka Špik and Sadik Mujkić are known for numerous medals from the Olympic Games and other world championships. Rowing Centre, together with the Rowing Federation of Slovenia also organizes numerous sports events, therefor giving our guests a chance to get close to some of the most successful rowers in the world.
Walks for all ages
A 6 km long trail around the lake is just right for easy recreation and relaxation. The path also leads to the scenic hill - at Castle Hill and the surrounding mountains, from where there is a magnificent view. You can rest on the benches along the way and enjoy the view of the lake with an island and the Karavanke in the distance, watching the ducks and swans on the water.
Views of the surroundings from the Castle Hill, Straža, Dobra Gora, Kozarca, Osojnica or Kuhovnica are especially breathtaking. The woods of Pokljuka, Mežakla and Jelovica form the backdrop to Bled. Furthermore the Julian Alps and Triglav on one side, and Karavanke with Stol, Vrtača and Begunjščica on the other, highlight the beauty of the background.
- Rent a bike at Pension Zaka
- Map of bike trails in the Bled area
Bled is very convenient for cycling - be it for, less demanding older tourists, young families or determined cycling enthusiasts. There are no special lanes for cycling in Bled or its vicinity, however since traffic is light, most roads can be used. Local roads between villages around Bled are suitable for short cycling trips and a dense network of forest roads on Jelovica, Pokljuka and Mežakla can satisfy even the most demanding mountain cyclist. For less demanding cycling, we suggest a trip through the valley of Radovna. You can go by car to Pokljuka and cycle in the pleasant shade of pine forests. Keep in mind: in Slovenia, riding bikes off the roads and paths, is prohibited. There are many possible cycling trips in the form of a symbol (bicycle silhouette) marked on the tourist map of Bled.
you can rent a bike from 7am to 21 pm, biker are rent free for the guests of the hotel.
Other activities in Bled
Bled offers many other opportunities for active vacation:
- water sports on the fast waters near Bohinj
- Golf - the largest playground in Slovenia and one of the most beautiful courses in Europe, is located 4 km from the Hotel Zaka and is a real pleasure for golfers
- mini golf at the Hotel Park
- swimming in Lake Bled
- many other activities that you can look at on the information pages of Bled.